The Sorrow of the Firstborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sorrow of the Firstborn

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sorrowful Festival: Summerfest 2011 AND A new kin contest!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Eldarestalo

Eldarestalo

Sorrowful Festival: Summerfest 2011 AND A new kin contest! Empty
PostSubject: Sorrowful Festival: Summerfest 2011 AND A new kin contest!   Sorrowful Festival: Summerfest 2011 AND A new kin contest! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 5:46 pm

Ok guys! It's time to plan the summer party for the kin! It's already late into July and we haven't even jumped in the kin house pool even once!!

Eldarestalo here, you're friendly neighbourhood second in command, and I've got only one job for all of you.
DECIDE A DATE! So, let's get some ideas on when most people will be free and available. If we eventually decide on a date that one or more of you cannot attend, fear not, the festivities will not end after just one summer party!

To begin the celebrations early, I've decided to throw a quick kin contest geared towards deciding the theme of the first summer party. The themes suggested can be anything that is reasonably easy to construct in-game and greater consideration will be given towards themes that can be implemented with costumes available in-game as well. The winner of the kin contest will receive a special prize based on their class/race that is still to be determined. Let your creative juices flow, but remember, it should not be something outrageous that can't be implemented in-game.

Ok everyone. We all know that kin morale (ha ha, I made a LOTRO funny!) has been low for a bit, since everyone's focused on their in-game characters, but I know that we can continue to push this kin forward to greater heights. So let's celebrate the magnificent kin family we currently have and toast to the larger family that we'll get later on.

See you all at the new Kin House on 7 Fairwood Lane in Merendor, Falathlorn Homesteads.
Back to top Go down
Nreldrad

Nreldrad

PostSubject: Re: Sorrowful Festival: Summerfest 2011 AND A new kin contest!   Sorrowful Festival: Summerfest 2011 AND A new kin contest! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 11:55 pm

I place my Vote for Saturday, August 6th at 8pm Central...

As for a theme, how about... hmm... give me a moment here * Wood smoke coming out of his ears* I GOT IT! The theme should be: *Drumroll* SPARTANS!!!! ;D

Just an idea lol, come with the criticism now Nim, i'm waiting Wink
Back to top Go down
http://Team2472.com
Nimrandel

Nimrandel

PostSubject: Re: Sorrowful Festival: Summerfest 2011 AND A new kin contest!   Sorrowful Festival: Summerfest 2011 AND A new kin contest! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 12:12 am

Don't look for me to be wearing anything fancy..... or do any fighting.
Back to top Go down
http://valacirca.guildlaunch.com/index.php?sub_domain=valacirca&
Nreldrad

Nreldrad

PostSubject: Re: Sorrowful Festival: Summerfest 2011 AND A new kin contest!   Sorrowful Festival: Summerfest 2011 AND A new kin contest! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 12:55 am

naw, we just need your 'Awe-Inspiring Presence' at the party :O
Back to top Go down
Nimrandel

Nimrandel

PostSubject: Re: Sorrowful Festival: Summerfest 2011 AND A new kin contest!   Sorrowful Festival: Summerfest 2011 AND A new kin contest! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 3:51 am

You know it. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://valacirca.guildlaunch.com/index.php?sub_domain=valacirca&
Eldarestalo

Eldarestalo

PostSubject: Re: Sorrowful Festival: Summerfest 2011 AND A new kin contest!   Sorrowful Festival: Summerfest 2011 AND A new kin contest! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 2:50 pm

I like that idea! Let's see if anyone else has any ideas.

Also, August 6th is the first date proposed. I like that date too, so I second it.
Back to top Go down
hathson

hathson

PostSubject: Re: Sorrowful Festival: Summerfest 2011 AND A new kin contest!   Sorrowful Festival: Summerfest 2011 AND A new kin contest! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 1:48 am

i'm good with any date, and I will bring beer (of course don't I always?).
Back to top Go down
Eldarestalo

Eldarestalo

PostSubject: Re: Sorrowful Festival: Summerfest 2011 AND A new kin contest!   Sorrowful Festival: Summerfest 2011 AND A new kin contest! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 9:35 pm

DRINKS, FIREWORKS, SMOKES, GAMES, SPARS, SKIRMS!! Get ready, all, we're drawing nearer to the day!
Not much activity on the forum, but hope that everyone shows up!

Ok, see everyone at the kin house on Sat night!
Back to top Go down
hathson

hathson

PostSubject: Re: Sorrowful Festival: Summerfest 2011 AND A new kin contest!   Sorrowful Festival: Summerfest 2011 AND A new kin contest! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 12:31 pm

i have fireworks in my yard we can use
Back to top Go down
Nreldrad

Nreldrad

PostSubject: Re: Sorrowful Festival: Summerfest 2011 AND A new kin contest!   Sorrowful Festival: Summerfest 2011 AND A new kin contest! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 12:45 pm

Okay, changing the Date to August 13th... more for people to come (they have more time to know about it) and I want to be there ;D
Back to top Go down
Haydineth

PostSubject: Re: Sorrowful Festival: Summerfest 2011 AND A new kin contest!   Sorrowful Festival: Summerfest 2011 AND A new kin contest! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 8:11 pm

A theme? Hmm. Not Sparta. Overdone, and no real Sparta items. I don't know how you'd plan on making that theme come to life?

How about a simple Summer party? Obviously our characters can't wear bathing suits, but we can still get dye/clothing from outfitters/ect and make it summer colors? We could also have a "MIMIC" theme? We have to dress up like our favorite characters in the game? Legolas, Elrond, Bilbo, ect?

As for activities, we could have a Sparring War? Have 2 team captains and they can have turns picking players to make a team. And then, the teams pick a player and spar against that player. The team with the most wins from sparring wins!

We could also hold a competition to see who can find the best clothing to match the Kin Outfit?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/nicole.woodworth
Nreldrad

Nreldrad

PostSubject: Re: Sorrowful Festival: Summerfest 2011 AND A new kin contest!   Sorrowful Festival: Summerfest 2011 AND A new kin contest! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 8:53 pm

hmm, something for eldar and I to discuss tonight about how big this should be and what we will do ;D
Back to top Go down
Eldarestalo

Eldarestalo

PostSubject: Re: Sorrowful Festival: Summerfest 2011 AND A new kin contest!   Sorrowful Festival: Summerfest 2011 AND A new kin contest! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 1:55 pm

Grand ideas, Haydineth! I have to say that I did like the Spartan theme, since (though it may have been overdone), I've never seen it done myself. Might be cool to hear what the rest have to say about it, if anyone else will come on the forum!! =(

However, I think both Nrel and I agree that the sparring competition sounds like a great plan, though some intelligent coordination will be needed to get it to work right if we decide on it. I vote yes to that, for sure! The MIMIC theme sounds like a pretty good challenge as well, so why not? In any case, we now have two options for the party to choose from, so we can vote on it!

I do like your theme, Hayd, but I still really want to see if we can pull off the Spartan theme, so I'm gonna vote for the Spartan one.
I'll put this up on the in-game kin note tonight to have people come vote, and probably send an in-game mail as well.

Thanks so much for all your enthusiasm Hayd! Very Happy Hopefully we can see this kin party hit a record high. In know that gil, hath, rodh and a few others prowl the forms regularly, so let's see what their input will be. Smile
Back to top Go down
Nreldrad

Nreldrad

PostSubject: Re: Sorrowful Festival: Summerfest 2011 AND A new kin contest!   Sorrowful Festival: Summerfest 2011 AND A new kin contest! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 5:33 pm

Vote: Haydineth's

However, I would like to see something of a larger end party, where we 'Try' to bring more people to the party... So maybe sparring can include more people then just kin, and stuff like that, and advertisement over GLFF and the lotro forums...

If we want to do it that way, we best start on it... we don't have that much time.

Also something to think of is The Sorrow of the Firstborn's One year Anniversary... start thinking, ideas for that will have a separate post some time in the upcoming weeks.

Back to top Go down
Haydineth

PostSubject: Re: Sorrowful Festival: Summerfest 2011 AND A new kin contest!   Sorrowful Festival: Summerfest 2011 AND A new kin contest! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 6:42 pm

Ok, as for having a greater end-party, we could do this:

A good chunk of us have friends outside the kin. I'd say maybe half of those are 65's or close to it? We could have an inner-kin sparring session, declare the winners, and have our friends (who we force suggest to bring their kin mates) to challenge the winners!

We could advertise that in the LOTRO forums!

As for our 1-year anniversary, I was browsing the forums a few days ago (reading about RK's and Scholars) and noticed that some people want Server-wide activities. I know a few other servers have some every now and then... Ours could be a 1-year anniversary/end of summer bash! We could assign a few farmers to make a lot of pipeweed, have some minstrels teach other players how to play various instruments, have sparring activities, Hide and Seek in our neighborhood, ect. Smile

If you want more ideas, just holler. I'm full of them, haha.
Back to top Go down
Nreldrad

Nreldrad

PostSubject: Re: Sorrowful Festival: Summerfest 2011 AND A new kin contest!   Sorrowful Festival: Summerfest 2011 AND A new kin contest! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 7:03 pm

hmm, like them both ;D
Back to top Go down
Eldarestalo

Eldarestalo

PostSubject: Re: Sorrowful Festival: Summerfest 2011 AND A new kin contest!   Sorrowful Festival: Summerfest 2011 AND A new kin contest! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 5:49 pm

I hve to agree, those are some awesome ideas, Hayd! We'l see how quickly we can start implementing them via forum, LOTRO-forum and in-gmae mail posts.
Alright, Sat is fast coming around!
Back to top Go down
hathson

hathson

PostSubject: Re: Sorrowful Festival: Summerfest 2011 AND A new kin contest!   Sorrowful Festival: Summerfest 2011 AND A new kin contest! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 8:18 pm

indeed
Back to top Go down
Eldarestalo

Eldarestalo

PostSubject: Re: Sorrowful Festival: Summerfest 2011 AND A new kin contest!   Sorrowful Festival: Summerfest 2011 AND A new kin contest! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 4:45 pm

OK! So, final plan for the party:

MIMIC CONTEST!

The general plan will be to have your characters dressed as the characters from the LOTR (for Hobbits, you can choose from Frodo, Bilbo, Sam, Merry, Pippin, or any other you wish to name; for Elves, you can choose Legolas, Elrond, Gil-Galad, etc.; for Dwarves, there are too many to name, especially with the new Hobbit movie coming out; and for Men, you can choose Aragorn, Boromir, Faramir, even Butterbur the barkeep of The Prancing Pony, lol!) In any case, you get the idea, have fun with your dressing up and we'll see who has the best outfit.

As an additional point, we will also be judging your emotes during the costume display and if you can emote appropriately for the character you have chosen, then you can get more marks.
Judges: Nrel, Eldar, Hyad and one other to be announced.
In order to be eligible for the contest, you just have to be at the party and announce your intention to enter, then pose upon the main table of the living room area of the kin house for inspection and perform your emote if you wish.

The judges decisions are final and without appeal, so please do not attempt to get an overule after the contest!

Prizes: Level/Class specific items which will be announced once the contest is over (as it depends upon the winner{s})

Also of note, at the party, there will be sparring as described by Hyad in her post, so come one come all and let's have fun!!!
See you all there tomorrow night, 8/13/2011 @ 9pm Est [8pm C, 7pm M, 6pm P] <- please note your time zone, lol! If you show up at 9 pm on the West Coast, you'll have probably missed a lot of the action. Very Happy

P.S There is a special surprise that is being put together by your Kin Leader and Successor, watch the channels and the forum social posts for more information between today and tomorrow!! Very Happy Exciting I know!!
Back to top Go down
Haydineth

PostSubject: Re: Sorrowful Festival: Summerfest 2011 AND A new kin contest!   Sorrowful Festival: Summerfest 2011 AND A new kin contest! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 11:41 pm

I may be a judge, but that doesn't mean I won't dress up. Razz
Back to top Go down
Eldarestalo

Eldarestalo

PostSubject: Re: Sorrowful Festival: Summerfest 2011 AND A new kin contest!   Sorrowful Festival: Summerfest 2011 AND A new kin contest! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 10:43 am

Haydineth wrote:
I may be a judge, but that doesn't mean I won't dress up. Razz
I would have expected nothing less!

P.S. Sorry about mispelling your name! :O
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sorrowful Festival: Summerfest 2011 AND A new kin contest!   Sorrowful Festival: Summerfest 2011 AND A new kin contest! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sorrowful Festival: Summerfest 2011 AND A new kin contest!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Sorrow of the Firstborn :: "Breaking" News :: Parties and Meetings :: Parties-
Jump to: